Sunday, April 10, 2011

Today is my best friend's birthday...

Libby turns 38 today. The realization that it was her birthday brought back a flood of memories from our younger days. But first, you should know that when we first met, we hated each other. Passionately. As in, we worked together, but always asked to be scheduled on different days so we didn't have to be around each other. The fact that we came from rival high schools didn't help much. I thought she was snobby & whiny and she thought I was too loud. Unbeknownst to each other, we both asked to be transferred to another branch of the company we worked for, which was about four miles away. Imagine our surprise when we both showed up to work at our new jobs and discovered that we would be forced to work together. That was the beginning of a life-long friendship filled with road trips, Bryan White and Clay Walker concerts, line dancing, weddings, babies, and many, many more wonderful times! Happy Birthday to the best friend a girl could ask for!




1 comment:

  1. I had a slight tear in my eye as I read your post, then I saw the pictures and had a bit of throw-up in my mouth! Could our hair have gotten any bigger? Thank you for the bday wishes! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete